Thursday, May 16, 2013

With Love, from Bag of Love [APRIL]

Hey, guys.

First of all, my apologies for the delay in my posts lately. My assignment deadlines and work commitments have been swarming in on me and sadly, my blog has to take the backseat momentarily. Hopefully, by June, the workload would have lessened. Until then, sorry and here, have a cookie! 

Without further ado, on to the review!

Courtesy of  the Butterfly Project, I was invited to be a part of Bag Of Love's Unzipping event at Delectable Treats by Su a few weeks ago and along with 50 other bloggers around Malaysia, was given the opportunity to review the April edition of Bag of Love. I decided to try my hand at a product shoot using natural lighting and shadows. Hope you like the photos.


For the April bag, Bag of Love went green and the bleach-free canvas bag was filled with products that are either natural, organic or contribute someway or another to the environment according to founder, Mimi Teh.  
 

Along with a love letter from Mimi herself and a product list, the bag came loaded with 6 neat items and a Decleor voucher.

Nuxe Brightening Program BB Cream SPF30/PA+++
I used this to cover up the dark patch on my chin and it blended in quite well. I only had to apply a small amount - pea-sized from the 15ml tube as advised by Mimi so for the price you are paying for the full size (RM120 for 20ml), I think it is quite worth it.

Decleor Hydra Floral Moisturizing Cream
I like that the scent doesn't overwhelm when I applied it to my face, neck and arms. It absorbed well and has a refreshing quality as well. I got the 15ml sample-sized tube but the full-sized 50ml tubes is priced at RM271.

Burt's Bees Richly Replenishing Cocoa & Cupuacu Butters Body Lotion.
The smell is delicious! Not Famous Amos delicious but vanilla cupcakes delicious! Mine came in a small sample-sized but there was still a lot inside. I think I went a little overboard slathering it all over my legs and arms, resulting in a greasy layer. But the smell, oh, the smell...I felt like I was living in a bakery. It's only RM62.80 for a 170ml tube.

Definite Contour Brush
After the popularity of the debut bag and its Definite face blending brush, Mimi continues to delight her customers with another brush to add to the collection, this time with a contour brush. Suitable for applying blusher to your cheek bones, the hair is very soft despite being made from synthetic. Priced at RM88.


BLOGGER FAVORITE #1
The Body Shop Quiet Night Dreamy Pillow & Body Mist
This is one of the few full sized item from the bag and I love it! This mist contains jujube date and camomile to induce a smoothing sleep. You can spray it to your body, pillow and sheets before bedtime for a good night sleep.  Priced at RM59.

BLOGGER FAVORITE #2
Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Shampoo

I got Phyto shampoo! Yay! Okay, I know I just sounded like a noob there but what the heck. I love Phyto products ever since I was introduced to it a long time ago. In my bag, I got a little miniature 50ml sample bottle of hydrating shampoo which is ideal for my constantly dry-locks. 


On top of the numerous beauty products, I also found a Decleor voucher for a Aromaplasty facial worth RM230 at only RM98. I am going to have to find time to try out this treatment.

Overall, I am quite happy with the variety of beauty goodies I got from skincare products to shampoo to brushes. Some of the products are travel-size so I can bring them around in my little durable bag whenever I am outstation. The bags make lovely presents as well and can be used to store makeup and products.

You can subscribe to Bag of Love on a monthly (RM39.90), quarterly (RM119.70) or annual (RM478.80) basis. Just head over to their website here.

Thank you, Mimi for sponsoring the beauty bag and The Butterfly Project for organizing this opportunity and the Unzipping Party.

Consider myself unzipped Bag of Love-style.


Products are sponsored but opinions and comments are the writer's own.

No comments: